Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!


Kendra:
As I mentioned yesterday, I had to wake up at 4:30am for work. (At this moment, all the women in my life who give Tim a light-hearted hard time for being so horrible about remembering holidays should start to smile...) When I went into the bathroom, I saw a huge card sitting on the bathroom sink! It was a Valentine's Card with a precious note in it! I went to give Tim a big hug and say thank you and he said "there are more gifts in the living room!" Well, I was shocked. I went into the living room and on the table was breakfast stuff laid out and two wrapped up gifts - a mother of pearl necklace and a seashell bracelet! I've asked Tim to take a photo of these items for the blog. I wore the bracelet to work today and will wear the necklace tomorrow!

Work went well. I came home a bit earlier since I went in so early and then went to the gym. I really, really hate exercising at the gym. However, it is the only exercise I'll get here given the air polution, so I'll do it. But for the record - I dislike exercising.

After the gym, I made supper which was corn on the cob and pumpkin soup with a glass of wine.

I am going to check my work email and get some reading done now. Have a Happy Valentine's Day to all of you since your's is just starting!

Tim:
A dozen roses and a heart balloon showed up at our door today. It was from my baby! It was very nice to be able to celebrate Valentines Day together, even though she had to leave for work at 5:30.
Went to the fitness center with Kendra when she got home. Even for me, it's been a long time since I've exercised purely for exercise sake. Going to the gym reminds me of why high school was so traumatic and why I don't belong to any memberships in Philly.

Today, during my explorations, I came across the Manila American Cemetary and Memorial, a huge expanse of trees and grass with thousands of white crosses and names etched in stone, from those who died in combat from 1941-45. It was pretty overwhelming to see the rows and rows of crosses on the highly manicured lawn, I would just like to go back sometime later in the day when the shadows are longer. As you can see from the pics, it was a gorgeous day, but it didnt start out that way. I was up since 5am working on the computer by the window and just looked nasty outside. The ever-present smog seemed heavier, lower, and thicker than normal, and the sky had a sickly yellow cast to it. I started walking inspite of this, and as I walked, the wind picked up and chased the settling smog out and left a beautiful blue sky with bright sunshine and cool clouds. Hence my sunburn...
Other interesting things from today:

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Lame Shrill Owl said...

Tim -- I just don't know how you do it. You are such a great photographer.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Mean Dr. Lily said...

Beware of the Dog's what?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren, tory burch outlet, gucci handbags, tiffany and co, air max, nike free, burberry pas cher, michael kors pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin, christian louboutin shoes, jordan shoes, polo outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike free run, ugg boots, jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, nike outlet, nike air max, longchamp outlet, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, guess pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, kate spade, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, new balance, michael kors outlet, nike air max uk, nike air force, michael kors, sac vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk, ray ban uk, nike tn, nike roshe run uk, burberry handbags, abercrombie and fitch uk, converse pas cher, lululemon canada, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet store online, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, uggs outlet, hogan outlet, coach outlet, timberland pas cher, ralph lauren uk, coach purses, hollister uk, north face uk, oakley pas cher, nike free uk, uggs outlet, nike air max

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, insanity workout, vans outlet, vans, hollister, ghd hair, hollister, bottega veneta, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, ralph lauren, mcm handbags, oakley, mont blanc pens, nike roshe run, p90x workout, nfl jerseys, babyliss, instyler, toms shoes, wedding dresses, gucci, louboutin, hollister clothing, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, lululemon, lancel, celine handbags, herve leger, chi flat iron, asics running shoes, longchamp uk, hermes belt, baseball bats, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers uk, soccer shoes, valentino shoes, timberland boots, reebok outlet, converse, nike air max, ray ban, converse outlet, north face outlet, beats by dre, nike huaraches

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, hollister, ugg pas cher, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, swarovski, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler outlet, moncler, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, pandora charms, canada goose uk, pandora uk, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg uk, moncler uk, karen millen uk, coach outlet, doudoune moncler, ugg, canada goose outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, juicy couture outlet, replica watches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home