Friday, March 10, 2006

Greek gods

A few years ago I read a book by Jean Shinoda Bolen, called "Gods in Everyman", in which she parallels the patterns of men's personalites, careers and personal relationships with the archetypes found in Greek mythology. It was a pretty intersting take on male psychology and the associations with the charachteristics of Zeus, Apollo, Posedian etc.

Well, I just re-read it over the past few days and discovered an archetype which describes me almost to a scary level.

Anybody want to guess which one? That's right- Hades.

I copied some selections where Bolen outlines the Hades persona and how it applies to a human male as a child, as a worker, as an adult and in his personal relationships. I would be extremely interested to see what everybody thinks of this...especially those of you who have known me in the various stages of my life.

Here's the link to The Hades Archetype (It's on my FourthFloorPhotography Site)

Jean Shinoda Bolen also wrote a female-based version as well (Goddesses in Every Woman) in which you women can find yourselves among Athena, Persephone and Hera.

Both I recommend as unique ways to learn about yourself, expore your personal psychology and grow in your relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home