Friday, June 09, 2006

Eight Weeks

Tonight I was relieved when Friday came. It was not a horrible week. Sometimes you just look forward to Friday.

For dinner tonight Tim and I used the gift certificate I won from the infamous belly dancing competition and had a nice dinner at the Oak Room. The food was great and the service was great. It was actually are first time eating there for supper and we've been here for over four months.

This, of course, means for all of our fans out there we have two more months and then we'll be out of everyone's hair. My assignment at work will be over then. My team at work is already sad, and I will miss them very much. They do very cute things every day. Here are some of the top ones.

Keysi: Of course - Keysi has to be near the top of any list. Knowing I am a stickler for keeping my papers not doodled on, she comes over consistently and sits on my desk and starts writing in my planner. Can I write "Hi"? I want to write "Hi". She says, as she writes hi on my planner. Only Keysi could get away with that. (But her immunity from this does not prevent her from having the nickname maldita - assigned by me).

Racquel: Racky is very coy and flirtatious. I am convinced she cannot speak without pouting and batting her eyelashes. She always has "colds" and generally gives them to me. But since she then says You have colds? Me? I don't have anymore. in such a cute way, you have to forgive her. She also reads my emails with the dictionary open and I have inadvertently taught her several words: kosher, belabor, and gargantuan. She places them on the white board.

Abby: Abby's a giggler and very generous of spirit. I don't hear what she says sometimes because she is too busy giggling. You might remember Abby as the great cook from the team outing we went on.

Dera: Dera calls herself "Dera Gorgeous" and she loves wrestling. She's hilarious. For such a little person, she is also one of the most boisterous people I have ever met. She's one of those interesting mixes that loves WWF wrestling and Winnie the Pooh equally as much.

So, more about my team and the other members later. They are a great group and it has been fun to teach them and learn from them as well. Taking all the good and bad together, I am proud of what we've been able to accomplish through my role here, and so that makes it all worth it.

Until then we keep on keeping on. On our agenda for this weekend will be to visit the girls again and watch some movies at home. We also are planning to check out the Circles buffet we've heard so much about... for all of you who know Tim, I have two words: CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous gremlynne said...

Can I say hi here? =D hehe! I am gonna miss you guys! Actually, I miss you ALREADY! I haven't seen you in a while. Kendra, it is as if we are worlds away even when we are 5 feet away. Weird. Not good weird. Hehe! I hope we get to spend time before you go! =D MMMMMMWWWAH!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kendra said...

I know, Miss Keysi :-( I hope you can raise your head from work a little bit before we go! I miss you too! (For people who know Keysi and I are close and wondering why we don't see each other, she is on a different project now. So, we do sit literally 7 feet away from each other, but hardly ever get to talk anymore).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home