Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another Feast from Kendra

Tonight I came home from a long day at work to find that Kendra had been at Whole Foods and had a head full of ideas. She had posted on the outside of the door a paper welcoming me to "622 Bistro" and that she and I had reservations for 7:00pm (it was 6:45). The table was already set with a salad of mixed greens, blue cheese stuffed green olives, sliced avacados, sliced tomatoes, and shredded parmesan cheese. I wasn't allowed to enter the kitchen until she came out with the finished entrees...a grilled sea bass for her and a seared sushi-grade tuna steak for me with a marinade of wasabi, ginger, soy sauce, sea salt, and black and white sesame seeds. It was all very good, (with a cold Yeungling porter, too!) and she finished it all off with a wonderful surprise- something we haven't had for months- fresh mangos, cut in the special way we learned in the Philippines, along side vanilla ice cream with strawberries.

It was a very special meal! My baby's the best, ever! Stay tuned for some important news about her (if you haven't heard already!), plus my upcoming "Less Than 100 Days till I Turn 30 Proclamation and Testimony about Life, God and other Odd Concepts".

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Dad said...

I really love the creative things you guys do for each other, and even more the way you honor each other to your friends and family on this blog. And for this, I honor both of you. You're a pride and inspiration.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Tim & Kendra said...

Thanks! Yes, it is always fun when we think of creative ideas for each other. Not so fun when they don't turn out quite the way I would have hoped. After this night, I ended up being really sick from my sea bass. I hadn't had that type of fish before, and I guess my system can't handle quite ALL seafood yet :-) I'll get tilapia next time instead ;-)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Isabel's Mommy said...

Wow! I expect a meal like that next time we visit.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home