Saturday, April 07, 2007

Celebration Friday

Yesterday was a very fun celebration day. Tim and I had planned that when I received the job offer I have been hoping for, we will go to Fork to celebrate. Fork is my favorite restaurant, but we haven't been there in well over a year. But I am getting ahead of myself...

In the morning, Tim went to work, and I stayed home and did the laundry and cleaned up around the house. Tim came home just before 6:00pm and brought with him a surprise for me... an Easter basket!!! He had me go into the bedroom and wait while he set it up. When I came out, I saw that the fed ex envelope with my official offer had arrived and Tim picked it up downstairs. Also, there was an Easter basket which had a bottle of wine, a bottle of Maker's Mark, a bag of loose leaf tea, and then some things for my car that we will go to buy on Saturday (pressure gauge and air fresheners). The basket also had some mice for Elora :-)



I was very thrilled by the Easter basket. Tim remembered that I like Easter! Whoo-hoo!

After opening the Easter basket, we got ready for our date and went to Patou first to get some drinks. While there, we realized we forgot the gift card my brother and Lisa had gotten us for Fork, and so Tim ran back to get it. By the time he got back, I had made friends with a couple at the bar and the bartender. They were all great people! The two guys I was talking to were telling me about a program you can sign up for and get free/reduced price drinks at two great restaurants in the city.

Tim was so funny when he came back. He said he was not suprised at all when he leaves me for 20 minutes and I am talking to everyone in the bar when he returns. He said, "That's my baby!"

After drinks, we went to Fork for our dinner. It was an absolutely fabulous meal as always. We each had fish - Tim had Salmon and I had striped bass. We shared a gingerpear-raspberry concoction for dessert and each had an Irish coffee. Although none of the portions were very big, we were stuffed.

On the way home we stopped at Neon Video and got The Departed. I fell asleep half way through it... well, as much as anyone can sleep in a movie that is very good but contains a lot of yelling and fighting and the f-word in a Boston accent as every third word. I am actually watching it right now because I woke up really early and couldn't go back to sleep. It is a great movie... I just don't recommend falling asleep to it.

So, it was a great evening of celebration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home