Monday, April 23, 2007

The First Day

Today was my first day at my new job, and it went great!

This was good news, since my night's sleep and morning wasn't the smoothest. I didn't sleep well because I was nervous. Elora started crying at 5:00am and insisted on being let into our room. Then I rushed my breakfast and didn't eat enough for my multi-vitamin to absorb and almost threw up. I rushed into the kitchen and scarfed down a piece of bread with poor Tim rolling his eyes at me.

Finally I was on the road. 95 South had two separate accidents - one of them involving 4 cars. Tim was ahead of me on the road and called to tell me to get into the right lane, but unfortunately by then all three lanes were stopped. [My commute runs the same way as Tim's until he gets off the highway and I continue on 322 W and 1 S.]

Thankfully, I made it to work just in time, and things were smooth sailing from then on until I left for the drive home and encountered more accidents!

At work everyone was absolutely great. I recognized many people from the interview process. I completed my mountains of paperwork and got most of the basics set up. I received a tour of the building and got acquainted with the amenities there. They really do a ton for the families of the employees in addition to the employees themselves. I also signed up for the fitness challenge. I'm not really sure what all of that is about, but it was the last day to sign up, so I did.

So, now I am home and I will prepare for tomorrow!

Thanks all of you for your well-wishes and support :-)

4 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Dad said...

So glad that your first day went well. May it indeed be the first of many more to come. Sorry about your commute. Wouldn't you rather be flying? Just kidding!!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Hi Kendra!! Congrats on having a fantastic first day. I hope things continue to go well for you in your new adventure. =)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Isabel's Mommy said...

Well, now that you have been there for over a week, how are things going?

What is the Fitness Challenge?

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous eric said...

Congrats!

Also, you two have an insanely adorable "how we met" story. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home