Saturday, December 29, 2007

Making Use of Our Storage Unit... FINALLY!

Sometime in April, Tim and I started packing up parts of the house in boxes for what we thought was going to be a relatively quick decision making process and a move. There were several reasons for this:
- We both have long commutes out of the city to work.
- Our place is pretty small - 804 square feet.
- Our condo fees keep going up, and the wage tax in Philly just isn't going away.
- We thought Tim might move to Costa Rica for awhile.

So, despite the fact that we love living here and we love being in Old City, it just seemed that things were not going our way to stay.

So, Tim rented a storage unit for us.

And we packed up a lot of stuff.

And then we waited.

And then we decided nothing.

And then we got busy.

And the piles of boxes were in my already small living room forever.

And we continued paying for our storage unit.

And I got increasingly more annoyed.

And winter hit and we had nothing warm to wear.

And actually had to start unpacking boxes.

And by this time I was almost livid.

So, you will be happy to hear that today, we drug our a**es out of bed at 6:30AM (despite having had a great dinner and drinks - more accurately drinks and dinner - with our friend Liz the night before, and feeling like we probably could have used more sleep), and we headed to the UHaul place. We brought the truck back and loaded up as much of the stuff as we could and headed over to the storage unit.

See here the (lack of) evidence of our labors!

[Who can see her floor? I can see my floor!]


[Oh yeah... Yello... anyone?]
[So, we didn't actually have boxes in the ceiling, but once Tim starts taking photos, it is hard to contain...and I guess this does provide a nice view of our propeller-like ceiling fan and melting clock.*]

[My little squatty liquor cabinet back in its proper accessible place by the window... And if I fail to mention the HDTV, Tim might divorce me. :-)]

[And by this point, I guess we are just showing off...]

[A close-up of the stitching. From the frame on the far left in the above picture.]








[Yes, it is a plant. Yes, it is alive. It is from my boss, Mary Lou. She specifically told me it is hearty. I believe she correctly made the mental association that the inability to bake and the tendency to kill plants were linked. Through the window you see the Ben Franklin Bridge.]




So, we finally have that out of the way. On to the next question - should we stay or should we go?

*I am obsessed with clocks - huge, artsy clocks. We have two clocks that are over a 3 feet in diameter and many other creative time keeping devices. As I type this, it does make me wonder why I don't wear a watch. Well, I guess it is because I check the time on my cell phone, and I always have my cell phone. I am one of those people who thinks she hears her cell phone ring and beep even when it isn't ringing or beeping. And I blame my previous employer for that.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Isabel's Mommy said...

So, does this mean the condo is going on the market & you will be looking for a house? Does it also mean that Tim is not going to Costa Rica?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Tim & Kendra said...

It means that we know we need to start looking, but we are still stuck not doing anything. I guess one step at a time!

As for Costa Rica, it is looking unlikely that he will go in the near future, but Tim said the door is still open if the opportunity comes up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home