Saturday, December 08, 2007

Value Your Good Vision... Unless You Are Like Me...

... and have really horrible eyesight.

Eyesight which is normally corrected by my contacts or glasses, without which I can't see much more than 5 feet in front of me.

So, it only stands to reason that today on my walk, just as it was beginning to get dark, one of my contacts disappeared. To add insult to injury, it was the contact for my left eye, which is approximately twice as bad as my right eye. When I say "disappeared", what I hope I mean is that it simply fell out onto my clothes or the ground. What I fear I mean is that it rolled back in my head where it will break down in some fashion that results in a tumor 5 years down the road.

So, there was really nothing to do but complete my errands looking for all the world (I'm sure) like a half drugged slightly swaying fool. It is very hard to dodge human traffic when you can't really see them until they are almost on you. It also gets very confusing when you realize that, when blurry, a lot of people look like someone you know. I'm sure it is a little demoralizing for people who see me "walking" towards them with a huge smile on my face only to have it disappear when I get within 5 feet. There's no telling how many cases of paranoia I caused today.

Regardless, I'm back now, having trampled no people or small dogs, and I'm wearing my glasses.

So, if you are like Tim, and still have 20/20 vision, don't take it for granted.


[These are my real eyes... until lasiks]

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Isabel's Mommy said...

I HIGHLY recommend lasik. I had it done a few years ago and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger CY Jang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home