Sunday, January 06, 2008

April

Sometime last night, Jen and Jason's dog, April, died in her sleep. My sister found her this morning when she went down to see why she hadn't come upstairs. I can't even imagine how they feel, but I do know they didn't need one more thing to go wrong.

It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that in our family, we consistently treat our animals better than we do each other. Jen frequently speaks the position that "our animals don't hurt us; they only love us." I know April , along with her two other dogs, have carried her through some very difficult times already.

I am very sad that I can't be with her right now. Our hearts are with Jen and Jason, and we are very, very sad.


[A memorial moment for 2 friends now reunited.]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home