Monday, April 14, 2008

Digital Camera Compare & Contrast

Here's the Lineup:
A Canon Powershot S2 IS - one shot at the wide end of the optical zoom, one shot at the far end of optical zoom.

A Samsung S85 - again, one shot wide, one shot far, all in the optical zoom range of the manufacturers lens.

A Canon 350D (or Digital Rebel if you're in the U.S.).
at both ends of a Canon 18-55 kit lens.
at both ends of a Canon 55-200 EF USM lens
And finally, a shot through a Canon 50 mm prime 1.4 EF lens.

All cameras places in Full Auto Mode (white balance/exposure/focus).

Taken straight from the camera and resized to 400 pixels wide via Paint.NET

Hosted on Photobucket.

Which is which?
(no cheating with image properties! I had to label the pics somehow so I could keep them straight!)




A

B


C

D


E

F

G

H

I

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Eugene said...

OK Tim, there were almost too many variables for my tired brain to keep them straight, but here are some observations.

D seems to have sharper resolution and better color densities than I or E.

G has more light in it than F but "I" has some detail washed out on the siding on the building to the right.

So, how do the cameras stack up?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger KillerRoo said...

I'm not even going to venture a guess as I'm not up on all the fancy photo stuff, but it's really cool to see the variations in light, colour, sharpness, etc!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home