Sunday, June 08, 2008

Nerdy Tattoos & Starscape 2008

This weekend was one where I think we were invited to about 400 things. Cool things. Things we wanted to go to. Probably one of the things we most wanted to go to was a seriously cool cluster balloon launch that my crazy yet intriguing friend Jonathan orchestrated and totally pulled off! (YAY)!

However, we didn't think we'd be able to go to any of them. Tim was in Florida all week and was supposed to have a show on Sunday. This wasn't going to allow enough time to drive to NC in time or get back in time. Then, the Sunday show ended up being canceled, but of course not in enough time to hike down there for the balloon launch. So, with about 2 hours each of pre-planning, I decided to go check in on my sister and Tim decided to go to Starscape 2008 in Baltimore, proving yet again that Tim and I operate either via meticulous planning or fly by the seat of our pants improvisation. Nothing in between.

I'll back up though.

Morning: We wake up to a day imported straight from Manila. We decide to play frisbee. We lose our body weight in sweat. We drink it back in water. We look around all that we have to do at the house and, apparently, quickly decide to leave. If we can't see it, IT ISN'T THERE.

I got ready for dinner in Mount Joy with my sister where I'd meet some of her new friends. Dinner was very nice, even if it was short. I arrived there at around 6:15pm and was on the road again by about 9:00pm.

Tim got ready to spend the entire night dancing in a beautiful setting with hundreds and hundreds of strangers.

In hind sight, I wish I would have gone with him. However, he didn't ask me to go, and he prefers to do his own thing at parties. But I felt sad when he showed me all of his videos, I saw that there was a really cool lightening storm that came through, and Dieselboy was there. We used to go to the Planet of the Drums together every year. Tim is probably correct that I wouldn't have appreciated the close quarters in a humid tent when it started to rain, but how I would have reacted in real life can't really be predicted. Depends on how hot I was, how many people were trying to touch me (the chemically altered your so soft state is only entertaining sometimes), and how tired I was by then.

Tim did take some very awesome videos and edited them. They are great and definitely worth checking out. Anyway, I'll turn it over to Tim for more on his experiences.

Tim:
Starscape
2008 was quite an experience. The first being the very serious realization that walking almost a mile from my car to the gate in the severe heat and humidity may very well kill me, not to mention the thousands of other attendees overly dehydrated from the side effects of Methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

Not having to worry about that, I was more concerned with what the temperature would do to my body after only 5-10 minutes of dancing. As it turns out, I didn't have to worry about this for long. About 2 hours after I arrived. a nice refreshing breeze blew into the drum'n'bass tent which was down by the water's edge, effectively cooling us all off and reviving the crowd.

[Pretty good results with the Canon Powershot and no tripod]

Unfortunately, this cool breeze was brought to us via the darkest, most terrifying-looking mass of swirling black clouds I've ever seen.

As it slowly approached, the music played and people watched both the DJ (Cannon Boyz at the time) and the happenings overhead with great interest. Then, once thick bolts of lightning began slashing from the sky to the ground, all attention turned to the weather. A few minutes later, the torrential down-pour commenced, leaving the brave souls out on the pier to come scambling back for cover. The music and lights faded and left us to ooh and awe fireworks-style at the hundred or so streaks of lightning.

Eventually, the rain subsided, leaving a much cooler and less humid environment. Still waiting for the music to come back on, the glowstick crowd returned to the pier and allowed me to capture this video as the departing storm flashed it's last.


video

After a few more minutes, the lights resumed, the bass rumbled back on and the DJ's came back to the tables for the rest of the night, uninterupted. I stayed for the most part down by the water at the drum'n'bass tent, given the fantastic lineup of:

DIESELBOY W/ MC MESSINIAN
TEEBEE
PHOTEK
JOHN B
DARA
DYLAN
EVOL INTENT
JOE NICE
CANNON BOYZ
BASSMACHINE B2B WICKED SWAY
POLTERGIEST Feat Glue & Feight
DEMETRIOS


Being there by myself, I didn't do much socializing, however I did have 2 interactions...both originating from my tattoos. The first was a group of people sitting by the rocks on the bay, who spotted my Cancer symbol and shouted out, "Hey! Are you a Cancer?! We're all Cancer's over here!". The second was a girl who wanted to know what the anandamide structure was, and who then shared her own "nerdy tattoo": a depiction of Darwin's first sketch of the Tree of Life.

I stayed till sunrise. If you leave Starscape before you watch the sun rise, you might as well not come.

It was a really fun time. I danced hard- I probably need to replace my sneakers (torn apart by the roughly paved surface) an am still feeling it. (I'm not in my twenties anymore and doing this every weekend). It was good to be back dancing.

video
It was good to see Dieselboy again.
Even with the ridiculous facial hair.


Labels:

20 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Isabel's Mommy said...

You have been tagged.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to express my

appreciation to the writer just for bailing me

out of such a challenge. After

scouting through the the net and finding views that were

not productive, I believed my life was done.[url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]cheap toms outlet[/url] ,Existing minus the approaches to

the issues you have solved by way of this report

is a critical case, as well as the kind

which may have in a negative way affected my

entire career if I hadn't encountered the

blog. Your personal

know-how and

kindness in [url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]toms outlet usa[/url] touching [url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]toms shoes[/url] every part was crucial. I am not sure what I

would've done if I had not

encountered such a step like this. I'm able

to at

this time look ahead to my future.

Thanks a lot very much for your

professional and

results-oriented guide. I won't be reluctant to endorse your site to anyone who needs to have counselling on this matter.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EcsRwzVnrJse [url=http://nike232.webnode.jp/]ナイキ[/url] CumQyoMwlJrd [url=http://nike-shop3.webnode.jp/]nike スニーカー[/url] GfnIeuFteLdy [url=http://nike378.webnode.jp]ナイキ フリー[/url] CxoPycLgbTlf [url=http://nike96.webnode.jp/]nike スニーカー[/url] DtnLyeZmiHsp [url=http://nike-store0.webnode.jp/]nike スニーカー[/url] PuvWmxDptHsg [url=http://nike-air8.webnode.jp/]nike air[/url] OvkUrcEhgZfw [url=http://nike-free3.webnode.jp/]nike sb[/url] WxtGwrQzsGep [url=http://nike99.webnode.jp/]nike sb[/url] KtfLabNdeBgp [url=http://nike553.webnode.jp/]nike air[/url] AudNorOhwGiw [url=http://nike555.webnode.jp/]nike free[/url] JkbWhbGjpXvg

KuyYnrTdbFbt [url=http://adidas51.webnode.jp/]ナイキ air[/url]IjmEmlPkdXtu [url=http://nikeonline.blog.fc2blog.net/]nike id[/url]CpcLwmRtlTcq [url=http://nikeair350.blog.fc2.com/]nike シューズ[/url]EjvAojXqsDga [url=http://nikeshose.blog.fc2.com/]nike スニーカー[/urlKriRhePthWse [url=http://nikeonlie11.blog.fc2blog.net/]ナイキランニング[/url]LehNxdZkuYgd [url=http://ナイキシューズ.seesaa.net/]ナイキ フリー[/url]GymIkwSsiNul [url=http://シューズナイキ.seesaa.net/]nike[/url]QrmCggZzrJzf [url=http://nikeair11.seesaa.net/]スニーカーナイキ[/url]TuyXijFysLqj [url=http://niker.seesaa.net/]nike[/url] UykTjuVbmZhg [url=http://nikeshose11.blog.fc2.com/]nike free[/url]VopAxmGyrYcz

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]I隆炉ve got to put cream on for each hour [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] it looks like and flaky and blue . co . Microdermabrasion is less invasive, with none of the risks, and skin recovers within 24 hours . Precautions
1, the charger is universal and can be plugged directly into the power supply charge . uk Voucher or Suncamp . Just be sure to eat your full 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day, drink lots of water, and Clarisonic Brush choose your beauty regimen with care . Using a range of items from one company can be useful as they are generally [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia[/url] created to enhance each other . Dang it! Think of the world隆炉s problems I隆炉d be solving!

So隆颅 I did it.[/p][p]Most most people who may have chosen Clarisonic supplements absolutely love individuals, and additionally would never get back choosing normal techniques for carpet cleaning housecleaning most of the skin area . In case staining occurs, you just have to soak the brush head into an oil based makeup remover to restore the color of the brush . However, cut trees are a hot issue with environmentalists who want to preserve nature . In addition to the charger, the other introductory [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia outlet[/url] completed, the feeling is that the essential oil skin really wash and clean, MIA2 is indeed better than the first generation of more practical and more, in addition to the stalls two tranches, the voice prompts, this is the first generation of PRO only 20 seconds forehead, then 20 seconds chin and nose, and come back cheeks side ten seconds, a total of one minute, when the time comes you will be prompted, this machine has been set up, I think one minute is enough, you have more time to brush is also OK, but not more than two minutes . Can also use sponge, brush this kind of auxiliary products, promote the cleaning effect . Dermabrasion is a surgically invasive procedure and requires an anesthetic . [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2 sale[/url] co . Light enough, in fact, to make your co-workers think that you paid for [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic brush[/url] a skin job.[/p]

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After checking out a few of the blog posts on your blog, I honestly appreciate
your way of writing a blog. I added it to my
bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my
website as well and tell me how you feel.

Here is my web blog; austria

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


Hello!We're a group of owner and opening a new scheme in our community diablo 3 gold. Your site offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you diablo gold.Nonethеless, I'm definitely delighted I found it, all many thanks for runescape gold all of you tutorials and help... I really love your rs gold blog and benefit of your easy decriptions.And i do learn a lot from buy diablo 3 gold your post here, many thanks! Simply buy runescape gold want to say your article is stunning.

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something
which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!


Look at my webpage ... austria

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men who rest about are seen as "players" and that is considered positively amount males.
Ladies who sleep about are noticed as "sluts".
It seems type of unfair, and seems like a double standard.


my web page :: how to attract women naturally

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is "I'm looking for my partner in crime."

Also visit my blog post; dating tips for women in their 40s

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baking soda combine does operate. Be sure to brush lightly.
Difficult brushing will eliminate the enamel
from the teeth.

My weblog :: dental pro 7 toothpaste

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baking soda combine does operate. Be sure to brush lightly.

Difficult brushing will eliminate the enamel from
the teeth.

Also visit my web blog ... dental pro 7 toothpaste

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, thanks for the easy steps!!! I am learning photoshop on my own, and you
made that sooooo easy!!!!!

Feel free to visit my page - teeth whitening trays results

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of sensation and New york...

Here is my blog post: weight loss programs for women over 40

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some websites are there like girls in search of
males and men seeking females in chennai/bangalore and so on.
..But for your previous five many years am preserve on posting and anticipating some
reply from a girl. But not however obtained any girl response.
.Can it be great approach to look for woman pal or browsing woman pal
via web site in no way perform out?.....then tell me another idear
to obtain girl buddy?.......

Review my webpage :: Female Mind Mastery

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have introduced on your post.

They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for beginners.
May you please prolong them a bit from next time?
Thank you for the post.

my webpage - vigrx plus cheap prices

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's some fantastic natural whitening toothpastes, that are getting far better and far better as far as flavor goes.

Here is my blog ... Teeth Whitening Reviews Consumer Reports 2012

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually delighted to read this web site posts which includes plenty of valuable facts, thanks for providing
these information.

Here is my web blog ... hon basyx file cabinet

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retrospective prizes first init!

Stop by my homepage: premature ejaculation drug priligy

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today.

Take a look at my web blog; vakantiehuisje frankrijk huren

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger jos said...

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Star-Cast

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Watch Online

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Videos

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Full Movie Download

 

Post a Comment

<< Home